Friday, February 11, 2011

Cookbooks

This one was made to order. A large cookbook. Multicoptic stitching. Cover is made with this fabric I found that tablecloths are made out of. Think of picnic tablecloth material. She wanted something that would be easy to wipe down, so it is quite wick. Inside is made of standard pocket folders, multicolored.. My friend, Becca, is a real cook. She experiments and collects recipes from all over, so there is not a lot of writing, but there is a lot of compiling- and sometimes a mess... hence the wickness. And I really don't think that is a word, but it sure is fun. ok, back to it- I did add two signatures of plain white paper- one to the front and one to the back- so writing can be had. And I think that I sleeved the paper signatures in handmade paper that I was given at Bookworks for helping out on a mask making homemade paper project. textured paper makes me feel at peace... The black band there is a piece of elastic that I sewed into the spine- first time I did that and it worked out well- except that I had to do it a few times to get the right amount- and I still think I made it a little too big. i will just have to count on Becca to make it grow. That reminds me- I added spacers to each signature so that it could expand comfortably and not break the binding. Wish I had a photo of the spine... Anyway, now I am hungry because Becca is a damn fine cook.
I also made one for Nancy- with a black and white cover- but I don't have a picture of that one because I moved to NY too fast. Happy cooking ladies! It was a pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. i love my recipe book! it is perfect - also getting fat with my newly organized stash of recipes. was so excited to pull it off the shelf the other night to make my cranberry banana bread - filed under bread! woot!

    love you, miss you - becca

    ReplyDelete